Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Mural at the Fair


Although it’s not located exactly in Eugene by those who adhere to strict Euclidean rules, I’m including this mural from the Oregon Country Fair because the OCF is located squarely in the hearts of so many Eugeneacs. The fair’s offices are located in Eugene while the fair itself takes place in Veneta, 12 miles west of Eugene.  


This was my first Oregon Country Fair and I hope it will become the first of many. It was a colorful, musical, magical and totally fun experience. And it was by far the best run fair that I’ve ever attended. It was like being magically transported back into the best of the 60s: Peace, Love and Understanding.

Living murals? 


As the afternoon light grew long, the fairies (both young and old) were hovering a bit lower to the ground but still they all had broad smiles on their faces.  


On my way out of the fair at the end of the day, I was delighted to come across this beautiful mural.  A fine ending to an exquisite day!

No comments:

Post a Comment